Addiction is rampant in our culture and it is on the rise. Although there are many resources for addicts and options for treatment, the same cannot be said for the partners, spouses, families and friends that struggle along beside them.
Too often, families looking to help are instead told they are part of the problem. They are told they need to detach. They are given the advice that the addict has to hit rock bottom before anything can be done. The problem with standing back and letting the addict hit bottom is when they hit bottom, the family does too. For many addicts there is no bottom beside death. And that hurts. Tons.
It’s Not Your Issue but It’s Become Your Problem
As a coach and a counsellor I am working with methods that embrace a different perspective. I see the family and the community as crucial to the success of overcoming addiction. I work to help those who love the addict tell a different story of having it destroy everyone’s life. I’m being certified by an association that doesn’t label the partner but acknowledges the trauma and struggle they have been through. We work at building the family as a support team so they have the skills and tools so they can stop their own downward spiral.
It’s time for you.
You’ve spent time caring for so many others, it’s time to focus on you. It’s time to grab that oxygen mask and bring life to YOU. It’s time you blasted out of that rut. There is so much life waiting for you and you have so much to offer. Let’s work together to figure out your unique position in this fight against addiction.
When You Work With Me
- You will be talking with someone trained to listen, observe and help you think through your unique situations. Having a same place to share your story without judgement or bias is highly beneficial.
- A chance to focus on making sure your mental health is looked after.
- A place to discuss your unique situation and get feedback to propel you toward future growth.
- Someone to walk with through strategic next steps.
- Someone who understands the rollercoaster of working with someone caught in addiction.
- An opportunity to explore the many ways someone else’s addiction is affecting your life.
- An hour – about you – for you to sort through the things that are weighing you down and holding you back
Office Location: 611 3rd Ave N., Saskatoon, SK
If you are ready to get a handle on your worry and anxiety and gain back a measure of control in your life, give me a call at 1-639-630-2010, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or check out my online schedule: Schedule an Appointment